Monday, November 8, 2010

When you lie down with humans . . .

. . . someone eventually takes your picture.


The first time something like this happened I was still living in the wild. J had been hand-feeding me bits of raw New York strip steak and then for some reason lay down in the grass, using her purse as a pillow. She seemed surprised when I flopped down beside her. (Here's a little secret: Give me enough steak and I'll let you use me for a pillow!) M was unable to capture that Kodak moment because he'd left his camera at home.

A few weeks ago I heard M and J wondering out loud whether they could recreate the scene in our living room. J pretended to fall asleep on the floor and I couldn't begin to disappoint her, even without the food bribery. So I stretched out in front of her and we made like two spoons in a drawer.

I knew she wasn't really sleeping. But before you could say "Goodnight, John Boy," I was! (Hey--I'm a dog. It's what I do.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lucky dog!

Jenny Zzzzzz said...

Those pictures are so adorable!

cleemckenzie said...

I love dogs who are always on alert like this. Makes me feel safe. :-)

Maria S said...

This story goes a long way in explaining your sister Jenny :)