Thursday, November 25, 2010

Eileen, therefore I am.

M says that I lean on people when I sit or stand beside them. He says if I'd been a girl dog they'd probably have named me Eileen. I have news for him: I've leaned on folks for a long time, even when I couldn't let them touch me. I wouldn't have survived without them. And now that I'm okay with the touchy-feely thing--well, it just feels right to cozy up to them, to let them know that I'm thankful for their love and their friendship.

If that noisy parade on the TV is any indication, today is Thanksgiving Day. What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go right ahead and lean, Buddy. Everyone you lean on must love and appreciate you; you're such an intelligent, handsome, affectionate canine. What's not to love?

Love, Grandma