Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Another Candle on the Chicken Pot Pie

Mike turns . . . a whole bunch today. Seventy-three, I think. But as he says, he's in pretty good shape for the shape he's in. He can still make it down to the footbridge and back, as we did this morning. And his mind is still as sharp as a doorknob.

Case in point: On our walk a couple of days ago, we spied this red-shouldered hawk perched on top of a basketball backboard in someone's driveway. M took out his camera and got a nice close-up of him. Then he made a joke that was so subtle I had to do some online research before I understood it. What he said was, "Do you suppose he's one of those Atlanta Hawks?" (Google as necessary.)

Here's the bird:

RED-SHOULDERED HAWK

As for birthday festivities, I believe relaxation is high on the list. In fact, if I know M, it is the list! And I'm sure he'll be forgoing the traditional cake in favor of chicken pot pie:

CHICKEN POT PIE

Yummy!

3 comments:

TG said...

WOW! M’S SEVENTY-THREE?
IT CAN’T POSSIBLY BE
HE’S NOW AS OLD AS ME!

But then:
“Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened.”
M: Have a happy day of relaxation; enjoy your pie; and add a generous dash of fun!

Jenny said...

Please tell him I said Happy Birthday. And to enjoy that chicken-pot-chicken-pot-chicken-pot-pie.

Cathy Studstill said...

Happy Birthday to Cousin Mike!