Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Happy birthday, Auntie Julia!

Today is M's sister Julia's birthday. We all wish her the very best.

When they were kids, M sometimes talked his sister into trading him her dimes for his nickels, which she fell for because nickels are bigger. He would now like for me to pass along that he sincerely regrets being such a crook. He'd make restitution, except he can't begin to remember how many dimes he snookered her out of. More than a few.

I asked M if there was something he could do to prove he isn't a total D-bag. He thought about it and said there's a song he'd like to dedicate to her, but unfortunately he didn't write it. I told him so what, he should dedicate it anyway. Disc jockeys do that for radio listeners all the time with stuff they didn't create. So he hereby does, and if anyone has a problem, they can file it with me. To hear a nice rendition of the song (sung by John Lennon, the guy who did write it), click here. Auntie Julia, this one goes out to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Buddy, I'm glad you talked M into sending that song out to his sister; it's a nice one that I had never heard before.

Betcha she has long ago realized the duplicity in the nickel/dime swap, but she probably doesn't hold it against him anyway; she's just not that sort.

Love, Grandma Grace

Anonymous said...

Gee, thanks, Buddy (and M) for the song dedication and the Happy Birthday headlines on your blog. As for the nickels and dimes, I really did know that my profit was diminishing by 50%, but I also knew that my bank would fill up twice as fast. (Besides that, I knew that M just had to have every comic book available, so he really needed that money.) Once I started saving in a little cash-register bank, all of that trading stopped, as the bank would only take dimes. So, there was no trickery at all, really. My goal was just a little strange; certainly not one that would be condoned by a professor of economics, if you know what I mean.
So, not to worry! Thanks again for the well wishes.
Love, Auntie Julia