Sunday, October 7, 2012

The world is so full of a number of things...

. . . and some of the weirdest are found in my neighborhood!

Yesterday when Mike and I went for our morning walk, he took his camera along. He doesn't usually bring it, and just the day before, he was grumbling because he'd missed a chance to get some pictures of a raccoon that was sitting in somebody's driveway. Not that raccoons are particularly strange around here. I've seen lots of them back in my wandering days, though actually you see them mostly at night. But I digress.

So anyway, M grabbed the camera as we headed out yesterday, and I'm glad he did, because we saw something that was a first for me, and he was able to snap this picture of it before it disappeared over some trees:


M says the contraption is called a powered paraglider, or PPG for short, and that the guy flying it is called an accident looking for a place to happen.

A few days earlier we came across this flamingo flash mob. Once again Matthew Brady was sans camera, but close enough to home that he could run get it. (He didn't really have to run; I don't think those flamingos were going anywhere!)



I just love to discover the unusual, don't you?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Buddy,

Your post title is an echo from my childhood! Good old RLS: “… We should all be as happy as kings.”

Excellent photos! You and M certainly have some interesting experiences on your walks. He’s pretty quick with that camera – good eye for composition too.

Cheers!