Friday, March 11, 2011

Capital Update

I don't know what to make of this: Last December 15th, I posted a screen shot of my blog hit #4,818, as recorded by Sitemeter.com, wherein someone in the Executive Office of the President of the United States was apparently Googling for pictures of Sen. Mitch McConnell and his celebrity lookalike, Tooter Turtle. The Googler's reward was this little gem from my entry of the previous September 22nd:


Well, now it's happened again--government-wise. This time it was hit #6,905, on March 9th, from the Office of the United States Senate Master at Arms:


I'll swear, it's enough to make a blogger ask, "Why The Face?" Do these people, who probably see Sen. McConnell every other day, truly doubt that he looks like a turtle (with sincere apologies to turtles!) unless they see comparative mug shots? Or are they simply killing time before their lunch hour is over?

Just wondering.

PS - From #4,818 on 12/15/2010 to #6,905 on 03/09/2011. That's almost 2,100 blog hits in less than three months. Not exactly Huffingtonpost numbers, but not too shabby for a mutt who was living in the jungle a year ago! I sincerely thank everyone who helped me rack 'em up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, Buddy; it couldn't have happened to a nicer mutt! Love, Grandma