Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Life's a beach! (part 2)

I must down to the seas again,
               for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call
              that may not be denied . . .

John Masefield was right: It turns out I couldn't stay away from . . . THE BEACH! M and J took me there for several days last week. It was better this time, though now that I've had a few months to think about it, I have to admit the first time was more upside than down.

What was especially cool this trip (aside from the weather!) was that our friends Bonnie and Judy drove over for a visit. It was fun walking along the shore with them, showing them dead crabs and jellyfish and coquina rocks and other neat stuff. I still couldn't manage to get more than a toe or two into the water--and even that was by accident. I'll keep working on it.

Here are some pictures M took of the rest of us:





Since Judy and Bonnie were there on Wednesday, we went to McDonald's for burgers and fries, which we took back to the beach house for some splendid seaside dining. Here's a picture of our "seaside dining room" that M created from three separate photos he took at Christmas of 2009. You might want to click on it to make it bigger. In reality the house's deck, floor, and ceiling are straight and the ocean is curvy, but you get the general idea:


If you're new to the blog and don't know about our Wednesday "hamburger nights," you can go to this post, which will lay it all out for you. (Forget what it says about my not liking French fries, though. I've seen the light and now think they're wonderful!)

To read about my first beach experience and see some more pictures, click here.

No comments: