Monday, January 10, 2011

What's playing on the backs of your eyelids?

M had a new experience last night, dream-wise. He dreamed about me! On the one hand I was flattered, but on the other I wondered why it took him so long, since we've known each other almost a year.

He told me what little detail he could recall on our walk this morning. We'd apparently gone somewhere in his pickup truck. He thinks that I probably rode in the truck bed, under the camper shell, since it's just a little Ford Ranger with a floor shift, and there's hardly enough room up front for him and J, let alone your humble correspondent. But with dreams you never know, since things are a lot more loosey-goosey and less constrained than in waking life.

In M's dream we'd stopped somewhere and I'd been let out to wander around the truck on the side of the road. I wasn't on my leash, which tells you right there that it was a dream, since he never takes me outside without the leash unless we're in a fenced-in area like a dog park--which isn't all that often, hint-hint. (Or the few brief times when I've slipped my collar by accident.) Pretty soon M got nervous about having me running loose near the traffic, especially since there was another dog walking toward us and he was afraid the other dog might lure me into trouble. So he was trying to corral me and get me back into the truck, and that's about all he remembers.

"Do you ever dream about me?" he asked. "I know that you dream, because you make all kinds of funny movements and noises in your sleep."

"I've dreamed about you now and then," I said.

"Really? Do you remember any of them?"

I scanned the old hard-drive. "Mainly just one that keeps recurring. You don't want to hear about it."

"Of course I do," he said. "C'mon, give it up."

"Okay--but I warned you. In my dreams you're usually dressed in a bunny suit and I chase you." (Rimshot!)

How about you, gentle readers? Got any good dreams to report?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I had a dream that solar flares had desrupted the electrical grid and I was with a group trying to cope useing primative methods in various parts of the world (how we got there I don't remember). I've been watching the Discovery and History channels too much!

Dave

Anonymous said...

“Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone.”

Tommy Cooper