Sunday, December 12, 2010

'Tis the season . . . tum ta tum tum . . .

I've been hearing a kind of music lately that can best be described as different. M says these songs are called "Christmas carols." He explained that carol is another word for song and that Christmas is a big birthday celebration for a 2,000-year-old guy named Baby Jesus. It's also the end of a three-month-long extreme shopping and bingeing spree known as Thankshallowistmas. I have to say that Christmas songs sound pretty neat--very festive and joyful--in contrast to country and western stuff that's all like "Your wife's been cheatin' on us again" and "You done stomped on my heart and you mashed that sucker flat."

I think I must be the last animal on the block to learn about Christmas carols, though, as you can see from this YouTube video:

1 comment:

Jenny Bells said...

Cute! You might also like the dogs barking "Jingle Bells."