Sunday, April 25, 2010

Everyone needs a good Buddy!

You may have heard by now about Buddy, the German shepherd in Anchorage, Alaska, who intercepted State Troopers the night of April 4th and led them to his home, where his human dude's workshop was engulfed in flames. Though the shop was destroyed and a shed heavily damaged, Ol' Bud's quick thinking was thought to be instrumental in firefighters' being able to save the house. Buddy was honored last Friday with the presentation of an engraved, stainless steel bowl and--more importantly--a big rawhide bone.

To read the most recent coverage in the Anchorage Daily News, follow this link:

http://www.adn.com/2010/04/23/1247550/mat-su-dog-honored-for-leading.html

Or if you'd rather cut to the chase (hee hee--I always wanted to say that):


Buddy, I'm proud to share my name with you!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I saw this on the news last week. I think dogs are the most dedicated and loyal pets. (Don't tell Willis and Arlo, though.)

cleemckenzie said...

I'm almost convinced I need another dog. They are, by and far, the best of friends.