Tuesday, August 2, 2011

M's on a rant today.

The target of his wrath is a group of people he calls "The Pointy Heads on the Potomac." Sounds like some kind of club.

He's also taken to quoting one of his favorite authors, a guy named Mark Twain, who wrote, "It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress."

Oh, and this one: "Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."

M tried to explain why the P.H. Club has him so riled up, but it was all about their failure to understand something known as "simple Keynesian economics," and of course I'm just a dog, so whhhttt!--it pretty much went sailing over my head, too. I did gather, though, that this P.H. bunch and Congress are one and the same organization.

"Pointy heads I can understand," I told him. "Look at your average Irish setter. But why do they also call it Congress?" He said I should look up the word "Congress" in the dictionary and be sure to peruse all of the definitions. "Believe me, the appropriate one will jump right out and hump your leg--or worse!"

He also asked me to recommend that everyone read Paul Krugman's blog post in today's New York Times.

Done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

…and in the words of John Adams:

“In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress. “

Re:

“…a kind of inverse miracle of intellectual failure.” Well said, Mr. Krugman !