Monday, January 5, 2015

Sudden Secrets

Today I get to put on my literary glasses to tell you about a new book by my friend and fellow blogger, the talented YA/teen novelist, C. Lee McKenzie.

Me & Lee

Regular readers of my blog may recall that I interviewed Lee a couple of years back when she launched a spooky novel called Alligators Overhead. Today she rolls out her latest tale, Sudden Secrets, published by Evernight Teen. They say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but how can you not, at least a little? I mean just take a look at this:


That girl is seriously upset! I can tell from her body language. What's more, I can relate, because I feel that way every time we have a bad thunderstorm. But I'm betting that beneath the cover is a story whose angst-producing machinery goes far beyond thunder and lightning.

Lee gave me just enough of it to whet my appetite: "Cleo Brown's determined to pull her fragmented family together, but instead, they're growing further apart. Then there's something strange about the abandoned house across the street--flashes of light late at night and small flickers of movement that only someone looking for them would see. Everyone says the house is deserted, but Cleo is sure it isn't, and she's sure whoever is inside is watching her."

Believe me, I know about abandoned and supposedly deserted houses, too. I used to hang out in one myself, mostly on dark and stormy nights! Wouldn't want to go back--except in a made-up story like this one.

To buy Sudden Secrets at Amazon, follow this link.

To find out more about all of Lee's books, go here.

2 comments:

cleemckenzie said...

There. There, Buddy. Pack your kit and come for a visit. I'll give you warm hearth and lots of good chewy toys.

Thanks for the shout out. I'll be popping in to say hello again.

And Happy New Year.

cleemckenzie said...

You did a lot for my launch. Loved finding all the posts on fb and on your granddaughter's friend's blog. Her friend is quite the book reviewer. I've asked her if she's interested in reading/reviewing Sudden Secrets.

Thanks again.